Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Go To Fowey At Once

That's an order :-D

As you can probably tell, I'm having a fantastic day off. I've just met up with an old friend from Uni, Lewis Wilkinson, and we had an excellent lunch at Tempo's Cafe in St Austell: I recommend their chocolate frappes!

I didn't really get to see much of Cornwall considering I was down here for three years studying in Falmouth, but anyone will tell you that the place becomes a lot easier to visit if you have this wonderful thing called an automobile. So what was going to be just a visit to Fowey turned into a nice detour at a delightful village called Charlestown, which has a working port, some excellent tall ships, a nice pebbly beach, and a 50's-style orange milkfloat that I would happily have bought for some ridiculous amount of money :-)

So yes, it's certainly been a delightful day. And if you find yourself in the coastal port of Fowey (which is delightful both for its narrow lanes, pretty shops and its general ambience), I sincerely recommend that you visit Pinky Murphy's cafe: there's a link to them here. Excellent atmosphere, friendly staff, and a decent taste in music; Electric Light Orchestra was just on the CD player. Yay!

All we need now is an economic boom, eh?

Thanks for reading!

The Evening Stanners

No comments:

Post a Comment