Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Internships Ahoy!

Hello readers!


And yes, it has been far too long on my part: but then, when you're working full-time at a youth hostel in a town with very little internet (thanks Stow on the Wold), it's to be expected. Or maybe I'm just falling behind with the updates. Either way.


So, what's happening in politics? Well, for one thing, the House of Commons have given me a whole bunch of forms to sign. Woo. Still, I've got through them all, have sent them off, and can now rest easy; safe in the knowledge that I have NOT been involved in espionage. Apparently they need to know stuff like that.

So, just to refresh your memories: the MP I'm working for is Andrew George. He's a Lib Dem, his constituency is St Ives (which also includes Penzance, Hayle and Helston), and he's been an MP since 1997. Impressive, no? You can find his website here: it's updated frequently and is relatively easy to navigate, which sadly is not always the case when it comes to MP's websites. I'll hopefully be starting my internship sometime next week: more news shortly, I hope!

In other news, Gordon Brown decided to make a speech in the House of Commons yesterday. Seven months ago this would not have been surprising: but suffice to say he's been very quiet since last May. He was pressing the government to build aircraft carriers in his constituency: and um, yeah. That was about it. It will be quite interesting to see how long Brown sticks around for as an MP: but my guess is he'll quit in 2015. We shall see!

The Evening Stanners

No comments:

Post a Comment