Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

For Those Who Put Morals First

Evening all,

Just a quick post this one, but yesterday my vicar's sermon emphasised a point that I think is important: you should not have to compromise what you believe when you go to vote, regardless of your belief.

With this in mind, I've been looking at the Christian Institute, which presents its views on how MPs vote morally, allows you to look at your local MP's record, and encourages you to vote for the candidate who has similar beliefs to yours: so for example, if you think that assisted suicide unfairly makes the elderly feel like a burden on society, then you might be tempted to vote for Gordon Brown. That's just one example.

And no, as far as I know, there is not a Not-All-Atheists-Are-Like-Richard-Bloody-Dawkins Party. Though I imagine some of my friends would vote for it if they could.

Night all!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment