Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol


One thing I do get asked about my internship is, "Are there any perks?". Well, every now and then an event comes up that my MP isn't able to make. In this instance, it's quite common for staff to be allowed to go instead: unless it's expressly for MP's of course, or if the event is particularly snazzy. So whilst I do occasionally get to meet someone like Bill Bryson (famous travel writer, for those not in the know), the chances of me meeting someone like the Queen are somewhat remote. (Besides, my fellow FECCLES alumni, Edd Insley, has already beaten me to that particular anecdote: some people get all the luck, don't they?)

A good example of such an event is the one I went to last night at the BBC TV Centre: the premiere of the Doctor Who Christmas Special. Obviously I can't give too much away (or make you go green with envy about meeting Matt Smith, because he wasn't there), but it's certainly worth making space for on Christmas Day! Suffice to say it went very well and that quite a few MPs enjoyed it (MPs being fans of Doctor Who? Is that allowed? - Ed). Also, I appear to still have the security wristband on from yesterday. Hmm.

A warning to anyone who wants to work in the BBC TV Centre, by the way: make sure you've got a good sense of direction, or you may be lost for a week. Rather like when Jeremy Clarkson tried to navigate his way round the building in a very small car, with hilarious results.
Thanks for reading,
The Evening Stanners
PS Oh go on then, one tiny spoiler alert for you: sharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment